In this Chanel CC cream review, I will share my conclusions after 7 months of use. I bought the Chanel CC cream a while after I bought my MAC BB cream, which I have already written the MAC BB cream review (make sure go check this out after reading this Chanel CC cream complete correction SPF 50 review).
I bought the Chanel CC cream SPF 50 because I was looking for a powerful alternative to sunscreen. I must say that I was already using the MAC BB cream, which comes with facial sunscreen, and thought it was good, but I still thought I wanted something lighter and less glowy.
Then I saw the Chanel CC cream SPF 50 and thought maybe I should try it. I had heard it was a great cc cream and most importantly, the SPF 50 would be a good way to protect me from the sun.
On top of that, there were a few things that had me attracted to the Chanel CC Cream. Once again I heard some good reviews and a bunch of nice promises that called my attention. It’s not a cheap product, but I don’t mind spending a few bucks on something that will be worth the price, and now I have the mission to share everything with you.
CC Cream Chanel Ingredients
Let’s get started talking about the ingredients. I must say that I am not an expert on the chemical area, but I know many of you like to read compositions. On the channel website, this is the list of active ingredients including Murunga plum extract, combined with a new form of hyaluronic acid.
On the Makeupalley, a website for makeup reviews, the following list applies:
“Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5, Titanium dioxide 3.2 Zinc oxide 15.2 Inactive Ingredients: water • caprylyl methicone • PEG-10 dimethicone • dimethicone • glycerin • phenyl trimethicone • alcohol • methyl trimethicone • butylene glycol • prunus persica (peach) leaf extract • plankton extract • glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract • prunus persica (peach) fruit extract • hydrogenated polyisobutene • triethoxycaprylylsilane • phenoxyethanol • dimethicone/PEG-10/15 crosspolymer • sodium chloride • stearic acid • potassium sorbate •alumina • fragrance • aluminum hydroxide • dimethicone crosspolymer • disteardimonium hectorite • sodium lauroyl glutamate • sodium hyaluronate • lysine • propylene carbonate • silica • propylene glycol • magnesium chloride • dipropylene glycol • BHT • ethylhexylglycerin • tocopherol • citric acid • sorbic acid (may contain) ultramarines • iron oxides • titanium dioxide
What are the promises?
For the first part of this review of the Chanel CC cream, I thought it would be nice to share what Chanel CC cream is supposed to do. First, on the official Chanel website, they say this CC Cream has five powers in one product.
In a nutshell, the Chanel CC cream has the mission to unify your skin, give moisture, correct skin tones, protect and boost glow. We are going to take a closer look at these fives right below, but just for the record, murunga plum extract for the skin. It is a rich source of vitamin C, which is great for skin. It brightens dark spots, smooths fine lines. The hyaluronic acid will help skin to keep moisturised. Just as a CC cream should do.
To be honest, I am passing the glowing thing as I love my skin the matte way. This is the only thing I didn’t like about this foundation but I am aware that a lot of people like it, so I don’t consider this as a problem, but rather an opinion of mine. In many ways, I am so used to that, even in the so called matte foundations, I always need to finish with translucent powder.
That being said, I can tell you right here that they are keeping their promises so far as I am concerned about my skin. I feel the skin is very moisturized while using this CC cream and I don’t even bother to apply a separated moisturizer cream.
I feel that the final look is very natural as well because I don’t need to wear many layers and just a little bit of the product is enough to cover my full face. I would say this is a full coverage for me, as I don’t even need to apply concealer.
What I like to do tho, is to apply a thin layer of primer, as I do feel it helps with blending and let it sink better onto skin. Another thing I like to add, as I have already mentioned is my translucid cc powder, just because I have oily skin and the glowy effect would make my skin even oilier.
Chanel CC cream SPF 50 serve as one product with five superpowers:
- It Unifies: Chanel CC cream conceals pores, dark circles and redness and provides a natural makeup finish.
- Moisturising: Chanel CC cream has a composition with hyaluronic acid, they say it helps recover skin and provide comfort. They say your skin will be more moisturized and replumped.
- Correction: they say that after one month of application, the Chanel CC cream will correct signs of aging and enhance skin texture, meaning that it can prevent and correct wrinkles and fine lines.
- Protection: It has sunscreen factor 50, protects skin from UVA and UVB rays and protects skin from pollution.
- It boosts glow: It has murunga plum extract, that is rich in vitamin C, and helps skin to reflect light. The result is a bright and well-rested look that lasts.
After all that, I could only think WOWW I gotta have that! ????
Are the promises real?
To be very honest, I do not use it everyday. But after 7 months, I have a few things to share in this Chanel CC cream review. So, let’s talk about each point that was mentioned before:
- It Unifies: Chanel CC cream indeed is very effective on concealing pores, dark circles and redness, and yes, cannot agree less about the natural look.
- Moisturising: Chanel CC Cream is indeed meeting this promise, and I don’t feel like adding a layer of moist cream before applying it. However I like to wear a primer before application. The reason for that is because the texture of this Chanel CC cream is very thick which makes it a little difficult to spread on the face.
- Correction: they say that after one month of application, the Chanel CC cream will correct signs of aging and enhance skin texture, but to be honest, as I don’t use it everyday, I cannot give my opinion on that.
- Protection: It is hard as a user to say if it really protects your skin, but one point I must share is that I feel safe to wear it, as I have sensitive skin, some makeup can give me allergy, and with the Chanel CC cream, I have never had any allergy effect.
- It boosts glow: This is one point that I do not really like on the Chanel CC cream. I have oily skin and I appreciate much more the matte look. Every time I use it I feel as if the skin is just too shiny. The quick way to get over this though, is to apply a little of my MAC CC powder which is very light and a life saver. (read MAC CC powder review)
Chanel CC Cream Review: The Shades
Chanel CC Cream has four different shades as listed:
- 10 beige
- 20 beige
- 30 beige
- 40 beige
How To Apply Chanel CC Cream?
Even though there is nothing special about applying CC creams ( I mean everybody knows how to do it), every product might have a quick trick or two that will help you get the most of the product.
For example, some foundations apply better with a brush instead of a sponge, some you need to mix with moisturizer and so on. While we get to know the product, we apply it in many different ways to test what works better, and this is what I am about to share with you now.
The best way I found to wear this Chanel cc cream, in order to achieve the best results, are listed below. Of course there are always those days you are in a hurry and don’t have the time (or patience) to follow a makeup ritual and will just apply it with your fingers super quick and go.
That’s also ok, as I am pretty sure this foundation has the balls to make you look good even in days like that. But for the other days when you want the best of this foundation guaranteed, here’s how I apply my Chanel CC Cream:
- Face Cleansing: I wash my face very well with my fav facial cleanser (review coming soon!)
- Prep Face: I apply a small amount of light weight premier. I like the MAC one, as it’s super light and works like a charm.
- Apply the Channel cc cream: There are 2 ways. Sometimes I just pour a small amount on the hand palm and gently apply with the finger. BUT I prefer very much to wet a sponge with my Surge Face Spray (see the review), and apply it with the help of a sponge because this cc cream is very thick…too thick and difficult to spread.
- Powder it: I apply my MAC CC prep powder (see the review) for a matte finish.
- Finish: Facial spray on it
Chanel CC Cream Review: Wrapping Up
Phew! That was my huge Chanel CC cream complete correction SPF 50 review!! And here you have my final considerations on that.
Overall, I liked the product, and recommend, yes, for a number of reasons:
- Chanel CC cream coverage is great, I can use it even without concealer
- It comes with SPF 50 sunscreen factor altogether which is a huge feature for me
- It has a long lasting effect so I don’t really bother to retouch all the time
- Chanel CC cream has anti aging effect, in which is still hard to measure but you have the feel your doing your part on aging prevention
What about the cons?
- The texture is too thick in my opinion, it can be difficult to apply
- The finish is a little glowy/shiny that can be overcome by applying powder but can be something very annoying if you have oily skin, or if you prefer a matte look.
What about you? Have you ever tried the Chanel CC Cream? Are you thinking about getting it? We would love to hear from you! Don’t be shy and share with our community if you have any questions or considerations about it!
Did you know that you can find a lot of other makeup reviews here? Since high end makeup, including some of the best grocery stores foundations, we are here to bring to you all that is absolutely best in this world.
Don’t go just yet! Take a look at these other articles here, that I think might be of your interest: