It is natural that you want to have bronzing tanning skin even if you are going to the beach just to get that nice color updated. There are many different ways to achieve this, but in this article, we are talking about tanning beds: do you need tanning lotion for tanning beds?
Do you need tanning lotion for tanning beds?
Yes, you need a tanning lotion for tanning beds, because it will protect your skin, in the same way you need sunscreen to go out in the sun. The tanning lotion is produced to protect your skin from the technology itself and the rays it will deposit onto your skin.
Apart from that, it will provide a better and long lasting tan while protecting your skin at the same time. Apart from that, the best tanning bed lotions can also treat your skin while protecting it, as we’re gonna see next.
Benefits Of Tanning Bed Lotions
Now that you confirmed you should use a bed lotions on your bed tanning sessions, let’s take a look at some benefits, why you it is really important to use them:
- Prepare and det your skin protected and make the tan last longer
- Use them to prevent you to get orange
- Nourish your skin while protecting
- Allows you to get a faster and more beautiful tan at a safer time span
- If you don’t apply a tanning bed lotion, you are just getting 50% of the tanning machine capacity
Tips To Help Choosing your tanning bed lotion
- You can opt for tanning bed lotions that come with a bronzing effect for a darker tan.
- When you buy your tanning bed lotion, pay attention if the product is suitable for your skin type. There are lotions designed for all skin types, but there are also lotions specially designed for dry or combination or oily skin.
- There are also tanning lotions that are self-tanning treatments, so you can still use them even if you are indoors and outside the tanning bed.
- You can pick products that contain melanin enhancing ingredients to stimulate your skin to produce more color naturally. For this, check on the tanning bed studio for dedicated recommendations.
- Pay attention or read recommendations online of products that contains good smell
- Make sure you don’t use the same product all the time, because at the pace that you use it too much it starts losing its efficacy. Always change products at a reasonable time, or as soon as you notice it is not being effective anymore.
Are Tanning Bed Lotions Good For The Skin?
Not all tanning bed lotions will improve your skin, but a good quality bed lotion will definitely treat your skin, or at least leave it hydrated while you are using it.
Opt for a tanning bed that contains nutrients and nourishing ingredients such as Essential Oils, Fruit Extracts, for example.
Can I Use Tanning Bed Lotions on the beach?
Nowadays there are tanning bed lotions that are also designed for outdoor usage. So, if you want to have a versatile product that you can use on both occasions, I advise you to pick these two in one product.
Does tanning bed lotion go bad or Expire?
Yes, tanning bed lotions will expire approximately one year after you open the bottle. However it is always indicated to check with the fabricand on the package to make sure you will follow their standards.
Can I Use An Expired Tanning Bed Lotion?
Even though you could still use an expired tanning bed lotion, it is better not to, because we never know if you would still fully benefit from its properties and claims.
It is not that you will cause severe damage to your skin by using an expired tanning bed lotion but avoid it as much as you can to prevent possible dissatisfaction.
Cons of tanning bed lotions
- Most tanning bed lotions don’t have spf protection. So if you are planning to use them outside, it is better to opt for a proper sunscreen protection.
- It is possible that tanning bed lotions enhance UV rays instead of blocking them, so have this in mind that maybe this is not the safest bronzing technique for you.
- If you use your tanning bed lotions only during your tanning sessions, which are normally for a short period, then there may not be enough time to get all the nutrients and skincare that these creams may be promising.