Here’s a quick step by step guide on how to wash your face with eyelash extensions! It can be easy and simple so stay tuned because from now on you are going to wash your face like a pro!
How To Wash Face With Eyelash Extensions
Here’s a quick summary of the steps I’ve shared with you:
- Make sure to pick the right products to make the process easier!
- Use a fluffy brush and a lash soap to wash the eye area
- Cleanse the rest of your face with an oil free cleanser avoiding the eye area
- Use a paper towel to dry pat the entire face
- Use a mascara wand to comb your lashes and apply lash serum if you wish.
Step 1: Picking The Right Products
Using the proper products will definitely help you wash your face with eyelash extensions. Also, make sure they are great quality products, this way you can maintain your lashes for longer and treat your skin at the same time.
Here’s a list of what you need
- Eyelash shampoo
- Oil free facial soap
- Oil free Eye Makeup remover (when applicable)
- Oil free makeup remover (when applicable)
- A super soft fluffy eye makeup brush
- Dry paper towel
- A disposable eyelash mascara brush
If you have eyelash extensions, you should invest in getting a high quality eyelash shampoo instead of normal facial soap, as they have the right formulation to keep your lashes for longer.
They are normally very gentle and ideal for all skin types, including sensitive skin. So, to have this feeling that you are doing your part to make it work, I advise you to get eyelash shampoo.
Oil free facial soap & Makeup removers
Remember to always use oil free skincare products, if you have eyelash extensions, because the oil can spoil the glue bonds. It is not that your lashes will fall by using oil cleansers but if you do it continuously, the glue can wear out over time.
Fluffy brushes for eye makeup
A fluffy brush for eye makeup is essential to help you wash your eye area as you need to be very careful in this process, it will prevent you from roughly rubbing the area.
You will need to apply the lash shampoo on your hand, drop a little water on it and mix it with the brush. After that gently rub the brush on the eyelid and lashes area, in circular motion.
Dry paper towel
It is better to use a paper towel in these situations because it will absorb all the excess water much quicker and effortlessly. You can gently dry the face and the eye area.
Make sure to pick a very soft, gentle, round and fluffy eye makeup brush that is not too thick, and not too thick.
Disposable Eyelash Mascara Brush
Once you wash your face, your eyelashes will be a bit (or totally) messy. For this reason, it is important to have a disposable eyelash mascara brush to comb your lashes and have them in the right place.
Tip: At this time, it is a good idea to apply an oil free lash serum to help keep them strong and shinier.
Step 2: Cleansing The Eyes
Now that you have all the tools you need to properly wash your face with eyelash extensions, it is a good idea to start by cleansing the eye area, because it is the most difficult part that you have to pay the most attention to.
- Start by placing the lash shampoo on your palms and add a little water to it. With the help of the fluffy brush, mix the lash shampoo with the water. With closed eyes. Gently rub the brush around the eye area in circular motion.
- Then gently add water to the area to remove any product leftover. Then you are ready to go ahead and wash the rest of your face.
In case you used eye makeup, you should apply the eye makeup remover before the lash shampoo.
Step 2: Cleansing The Face
Now that you wash your eyes, it is easier to wash your face as the most delicate part of the process is already done. I recommend you use an oil free makeup remover and facial soap.
As I mentioned before, products with oils may not be the best friend of eyelash extension bonds. However, as you are washing the face and not the eye area, you can be a little more flexible here and diversify a little more.
- Just gently apply the facial makeup remover before the facial cleanser, in case you are wearing makeup and need to go under a double cleansing process.
- At this point, as you have already cleansed the eye area, you will avoid applying any additional cleansing products on your eyes, as you don’t need to do it anymore.
Step 3: Pat Dry Your Face
It is really important that you gently pat dry your face instead of rubbing it in circular motion. The movement you need here is gentle and quick, instead of draggy and circular.
Of Course you can use anything to dry but I find that the best option is to use a paper towel as I have already mentioned before, because it will absorb all the water and dry your face with efficiency.
How To wash Face With Eyelash Extensions Final Takes
See how it is easy to cleanse your face with eyelash extension? Follow these steps and you are done! They are simple and I can tell your eyelash extensions will last much longer if you take proper care of them!
If you like this post, please feel free to check the other content in this blog and follow us on Instagram and Youtube! Take care!