In this article we are going to discuss: kerastase Elixir Ultime vs Moroccanoil Review. Which one is the best?
Do you have dry hair and is wondering what can you do to fix this “small�? problem? I believe that one of the best solutions in this case is to invest in oils.
Some people are using cooking oils on the hair, but not everyone like the idea. Let’s be real here, not always they smell the best and sometimes they can leave your hair heavy and sticky.
They are perfect for dry hair but the good news is that nowadays modern oils are indicated to all types of hair.
My hair tends to dry up but it will certainly work well in other hair types, including the oily hair.
kerastase elixir ultime vs moroccan oil: My Moroccan Oil Review
Ok, here’s my Moroccanoil review and how it all got started.
As moroccanoil was brand new (at the time), I did not know much about it. After receiving the suggestion of this new product by a hair dresser, I decided to take the risk of spending 40+ Euros on an oil I never heard about and bought it
In the beginning, I thought the Moroccanoil was a little expensive, but I don’t mind spending money on a product, if it delivers a desirable result.
Despite the hair dresser sales pitch that moroccanoil was the best invention since sliced bread, at first it did not work at all for me. Ironically, I went back to my cooking olive oil that was working pretty well already and put my Moroccan Oil in my drawer.
One day, as my hair got tired of olive oil, I had this thought I should try something else. As I had a fortune already on the moroccanoil that was there, I felt I had to use it because after all I was not going to throw all the money in the bin.
Result: I decided to give Moroccanoil another chance.
In the beginning I didn’t feel it was really working very well but at least, as time passed I started to notice some better results than the previous serums and olive oil.
As I didn’t give up on the product and after applying it everyday. I Gradually I started to notice that my hair was getting shinier, smoother and sleek.
For my surprise, after a while, I noticed that my hair was starting to get better and better.
As I kept using the Moroccanoil, I started to gradually diminish the frequency that i applied the product on my hair.
Nowadays, I just need to use a small amount of the product, every time I wash my hair (after the straining).
A lesson learned. My hair in the beginning did not respond to moroccanoil, but as time passed, I continued to use it every day and started to gradually notice results.
As hair texture was getting better, I had no need to use it every day and started using it just after washing. As the result, I noticed a shinier hair, with less frizz and more volume control.
Moroccan Oil Benefits For Hair
While using MoroccanOil, I could notice a few benefits for may hair. First I could notice a great improvement on the discipline of the hair, and less frizz.
Noticed as well a good improvement on the ends of the hair and the shine was more evident.
It can also used as a treatment before and after washing, when you heat it a tiny bit and massage the scalp.
The result was amazing, hair looked healthier and in a very good shape.
kerastase elixir ultime vs moroccan oil –kerastase elixir ultime oil review
In this meantime I decided to buy the Kerastase Elixir Oil To test it out. I must admit here that the package was very inviting!
Loved the smell, the consistency and I started using it.
I notice that it didn’t really do much for my hair, except making the straightening process easier.
I decided to give it a discount because I remembered myself about that moroccanoil was like this in the beginning.
But this time, It did not work that much.
On a conversation with a hair dresser, she agreed with me that moroccan oil would be a more efficient solution for very dry hair.
People with normal hair would love the kerastase elixir, but in my case, my hair is not only naturally dry, but I use heat constantly.
Kerastase Elixir Ultime vs Moroccan Oil – The Final Conclusions
I Decided to get back to moroccan oil. I have been using it for more than 2 years, and absolutely loving it.
The actual problem is that now I feel my hair is getting a little tired of it. It it still does the job.
I guess that soon I will need to find another oil to my everyday hair routine.
I have found 100% natural and organic oils to do a good job on my hair right now. But these ones I just like to use as a pre shampoo routine.
So far, MoroccanOil is still the best option for my hair.
If you have from normal dry to very dry and damaged hair, Moroccan Oil would be a better solution for you
- If you Have normal hair, both options (Moroccan Oil and Kerastase Elixir Oil) would be great for you. Knowing that Moroccan Oil would be slightly better
- If you have oily hair, you could try The light version of moroccan Oil or Kerastase Elixir Oil
Kerastase Elixir Ultime vs Moroccan Oil – When And How To Apply
- As a pre shampoo: heat a for a few seconds and apply the oil on the scalp. Massage it and leave for a while. Then you can go ahead with your washing routine
- Mixing with your favourite hair mask: I particularly don’t like doing it with the traditional version of Moroccan Oil. I do like using this method with the light version of the Oil. I just add a few drops to the mask and then I rinse normally
- Before straightening my hair: Even though it makes the straightening process much easier, I never like doing it. I have noticed that when I do it, my hair gets fussy more easily under humidity of the air.
- After straightening hair, as the final touch. This is how I like to use it. I apply it section by section and then tie it up.
Kerastase Elixir Ultime Oil
- As a pre shampoo tend to work all right. We can see that after washing the hair, it gets easier to handle
- Mixing with hair treatment mask: yes it gives a nice touch to the hair when you mix with other hair treatments
- Before strengthening the hair: It helps to protect from the heat as well as helps the hair to slide better on the straightener. Gives a touch of shine. From my experience, it let my hair shiny but very dry at the same time.
- After straightening hair, as the final touch. I would recommend it for normal hair.