Tarte maracuja oil review: Today, we are debating a facial oil that should be ideal for acne-prone skin.
If you have acne-prone skin like me, you will probably be a little skeptical about adhering to oils because you know the effects are not significant on the skin, but this one is supposed to work just fine in these situations.
Did you ever hear about maracuja oil by Tarte?
People are getting crazy about it, and we will know why! But first, let’s talk a bit about the benefits of maracuja oil and why it is a good idea to use it!
What Is Maracuja Oil?
If you still don’t know, maracuja oil is sourced from the seeds of the passion fruit and has become a trend in skincare. It is a rich source of fatty acids, and has vitamin E and carotenoids, for healthier skin, hair, and lashes.
The best maracuja oils (in fact all oils) work better if cold-pressed and their use in skincare will definitely help your skin to be moisturized. Maracuja Oil is a great ally for soothing dry and also acne-prone skin. But many people who suffer from oily skin have reported to love it, so it is definitely worth trying.
The Benefits of Maracuja Oil Hair and Lashes
Maracuja is also great for hair. A few benefits of maracuja oil for your hair include hair strengthening and prevention from splitting and breaking. As it is rich in antioxidants, maracuja oil also prevents hair loss and is known to leave hair moisturized, resulting in smoother, conditioned hair. On the lashes, it protects, prevents lash loss and activates lash growth.
Tarte Maracuja Oil Review
Coming back to Tarte maracuja oil, one reason I like it is that we can use it in many different ways. You can use it everywhere on your skin and on the hair as well: cuticles, elbows, split ends, lips, lashes, and so on.
Remember I said the best oils are cold-pressed? The Tarte maracuja oil is also cold-pressed and rich in vitamin C. As a natural thing for maracuja oils, the Tarte maracuja oil contains fatty acids that will protect your skin and leave it well-nourished.
So if you have dry skin, Tarte maracuja oil could be a good option for you to try on. The Tarte maracuja oil is indicated for all skin types. If you have oily skin, it can also be an option to leave your skin nourished and it is known to work well on acne-prone skin.
Tarte Maracuja Oil Review: What Do They Claim
Officially, it will help to balance and nourish all skin types including oily and acne-prone skin. They make it clear that their maracuja oil will absorb quickly on the skin, and will not leave it feeling greasy. It is cold-pressed and rich in vitamin C and fatty acids.
Tarte claims that its Maracuja Oil is a vegan skincare product extracted from the maracuja seeds and has rejuvenation anti-aging actives, toned brighter skin, and instant hydration. According to them, the result is a “firmer, brighter & smoother looking skin”.
How to Use It:
This oil is recommended to be applied at night because the vitamin C can break down when exposed to light. One way to use it is to clean your face, dry it, moisturize and finalize with the oil. But you can also mix it with other skincare products and makeup.
- After washing your face and neck, apply a few drops onto dry skin
- Mix a few drops on other skincare products like moisturizers and even on makeup like foundations
Tarte Maracuja Oil Review: When do you apply this?
- Preferably Before bed, after the skincare routine to benefit from the anti-aging properties of the vitamin C
- You can also mix a little with a foundation for a more radiant look. It also helps the foundation to spread better
- Any time you feel your skin is dry and dehydrated
- Apply on dry lips
- Apply when you feel like your hands are dry especially on the cuticles
- When you feel like you have split ends
- You can also use it on your hair mask after washing your hair
- When you feel you need a little extra protection on your lashes
Tarte Maracuja Oil Review: My impressions
The Tarte Maracuja Oil is very light on the skin. As I have oily skin and not a very fun of oils, I applied just a little bit of the product, but this one worked well on my skin. As I did a little facial massage, I noticed the product spread easily and the skin absorbed it well. Also, I didn’t feel my skin was greasy.
As I kept using it for the next few days, I did not have any pinpoints coming up, I say this because sometimes I get pinpoints when applying oil to my skin but that was not the case. I also applied it on the lashes, but I cannot say if it made any difference on the lashes.
I have also tried the Tarte maracuja on the hair, but I applied it only on the ends. I noticed improvements and will definitely use it more often for my ends well.
Tarte Maracuja Oil Review Pos
- Smell is Great
- Did not leave my skin greasy
- Absorbed well
- I can use it on skin, nails, hair, and lips all over!
- Leaves skin softer
Tarte Maracuja Oil Review Cons
- Some people reported that it will make skin softer but not moisturized
- Do not apply too much otherwise skin is greasy. In my case, it was not greasy because I applied just a little bit of the product, less than what was recommended.
Overall is a great product. It costs € 49 Euros but as the product has so many uses, you can feel like it is a fair price. I used it on my bedtime routine, hands, hair, and lips, and definitely recommend it.
You might also like
- Passion Fruit Oil Benefits For Skin, Hair & Health (Maracuja Oil Benefits)
- Chanel CC Cream Review
- Mac BB Cream Review
- How to prepare your face before applying makeup