Body Mist vs Perfume: What are and how to use body mists? This article is dedicated to you, who wants to understand a little more about this world, as well as some ideas on how to use it. In addition, if you want to know what are the best body mists out there, stay tuned because we’ve got you covered.
We all love perfumes, especially women. We just love to splash some good smell at home, in the office and we truly value a nice smell in the ambience and in ourselves.
Body mists are a thing now. But not only now, since I was a child I used to apply some body lotion, with a nice and comforting smell, you just feel clean, fresh with a sense of self-care. It is extra care, a little detail that you look after yourself, that makes all the difference in our self-care routine.
What Is A Body Mist?
A Body mist is a lighter version of perfume. They are softer, with a less concentrated and more delicate smell. They don’t last as long as a perfume, and can take around (more or less) 3 hours.
OK, now that you know what a body mist is, you must be asking yourself, what is the point of choosing a body mist over a perfume? If perfumes will take longer to fade away, what is the point and why is this worth it?
Reasons To Use A Body Mist
- Use a body mist if you want to smell beautiful but do not want a strong smell
- You can use it after shower to stay at home for a lighter and more refreshing feeling
- This is perfect if you are somewhat allergic to strong smells
As I mentioned before, body mists are lighter than perfumes but the difference between them and a deodorant, is basically because it won’t be strong enough to keep you out of odours such as under arms and so on.
How To Use Body Spray (Body Mists)?
How to use a body spray? if you are wondering how to use body mists, then you are in the right place.
It is easy. Just spray some on your wrist and rub one wrist onto another. You can also spray it on the sides of your neck.
If you have it after a shower, Just splash body spray all over the wet body and then dry it out with a towel.
First of all, you can use body sprays, in many different ways, even more ways than the actual perfume.
The most common way to use body sprays (or body mists) is after a shower. You can splash it all over your body.
I like to splash body spray with wet body, this way, I can spread the it all over the body without having it smelling too strongly.
Another thing to have in mind is that body mists don’t last as long as a perfume, right? So it is a nice idea to splash it on your body a few times during the day.
You can use it to stay at home, to go to sleep, to go out, you can use body mists every where.
In my case, I love to wear perfume when I go out to work or to meet friends but love body mist after a bath or a long shower to stay at home. I also like to splash body mist on my clothes. But here are some more ways you can use it:
- Is great to be use in summer during this sweating days
- After workout and sports, take a shower and apply it for refreshens
- Splash some body mist on a hot bad tub for a great relaxing time
Body Sprays Uses: What Are Body Mists Used For?
You can use body mists any time you want, and in fact I have some friends who use only body mists instead of perfume, just because they like to keep it light. But if you don’t have problems with perfume and are wondering how you can use body mists, here I have a few suggestions that you can use as an inspiration.
1. After shower for an extra refreshness
Here is how I like doing it. Sometimes I like to add body mists with the same fragrance of my shower gel, right after shower, while I’m still wet. I let it sink for a few minutes and then I dry myself normally. I like doing that, because it adds a very suave, light smell that is not too strong but still keeps me fresh.
As I can feel the scent in the background, I feel very comfortable, as if I am taking care of myself. Once I bought a body mist that was a bit strong and I applied it to stay at home. I applied it after shower, while I was already dry and went back to my room.
Even though the smell was not as strong as a perfume, it was still strong to leave me annoyed and with a slight headache. I love to keep on feeling the smell of a nice scent after shower to stay at home but even the body mist can be a little annoying, if you are sitting at home and watching TV, or a movie, because you don’t move a lot, the smell must be as light as possible, so apply it before getting dry, wait a little while and then dry yourself normally.
2. Add it into bath for a spa day
What about a spa day with a bath? I know there are aromatic essences that you will normally use to increment your baths but the advantage of adding body mists to it, is that in the end you will continue to feel the essence in your body. I have tried it and loved it so much that every now and again, I am soaking my favorite body mists.
3. Spray it on pillowcases and bed sheets
Nothing better than going to sleep and feel a lovely smell on your pillowcases and bed sheets. Unless you are allergic, as body mists are more delicate, you can splash a little on your bed clothes. It will not only give you some freshness during bed time, it can be actually relaxing. So splash body mists on it!
4. Use it refresh your wardrobe
In the same way you can splash it on your bedding, what about to do the same to refresh your wardrobe and drawers? As the smell is more dedicated you can spray it in the mornings and give a little tone of jasmine or lavender. You can also do it a little before getting ready so the clothes can be very perfumed when you dress up.
Where To Apply Body Mists?
I have shared already that I like to splash body mists all over the body after shower, on wet body. Then, I dry myself with the towel and the results are the following:
- I have the body splay evenly spread all over my body
- the smell doesn’t end up too strong because the body splash gets mixed with the water on the body, giving me a nice and pleasant smell
- as a bonus, my towel also keeps the nice smell, which is very pleasant
I normally do it before sleeping or when I am intending to be at home. As I am not going to be in movement, this will not make me feel sick with too much smell.
But of course there are other ways to apply body mists. I know there are many people who is allergic to perfumes, or have very sensitive nose and want to use body mists for going out and spend the day.
So here are some suggestions on where you can apply body mists:
- First apply body mist on the sides of the neck
- Then spray a little on your chest
- Apply on both wrists
Body Splash Vs Body Spray: What is the difference?
Body splash and body sprays are technically the same things. The difference is only in the name. Some brands may call it body splashes and other brands call it body sprays.
What is the difference between a body mist and a deodorant?
As I mentioned before, body mists are lighter than perfumes but the difference between them and deodorant is basically because it won’t be strong enough to keep you out of odors such as underarms and so on.
Body Mists Q&A
Are Body Mists Strong?
Normally, body mists are lighter than eau de parfum. There are however body mists that are stronger than others, but in general this is not the idea. The idea is to have something that is indicated for those who are looking to smell nice but is not really into strong smell, be for an allergy or be just because you are at home and want some nice smell that won’t bother you.
Are Body Mists Good?
I personally love body mists and think they are great. It is good for those who suffer from allergies, or if you are going to meet people that you don’t know if they like strong smells. Of course there will be people that are intolerant to any type of perfume, even the lightest one, so if you are like this, you better stay away from certain types of body mists.
For me, body mists are great to use after shower or a bath and you want to smell beautiful after a spa day, or to stay at home with friends, family and loved ones. Of course that as any other perfume, there will be brands that will not deliver the best body mist but this is life and happens with any product.
Can Body Mist Be Used On Underarms?
Yes, body mists can be used on underarms but efficiency is very limited in this case. The best solution for those looking for an alternative to deodorants is to find natural gentle deodorants that won’t irritate.
If you don’t want to use deodorants at all and is looking for a DIY alternative, here a few things you can use instead:
- Use 1/8 of a teaspoon of baking soda and mix it with water but don’t try to dissolve it. Apply the mix on your armpits
- Lemon juice
- Add 1/4 baking soda, 1/4 cornstarch, 5 tablespoons coconut oil or an extra virgin essential oil of your choice
Best Body Mists By Chanel
If you were wondering what are body mists, here we have three wonderful body mists from Chanel. Here we have the CHANEL COCO MADEMOISELLE Velvet Body Oil Spray, CHANEL CHANCE EAU TENDRE Sheer Moisture Mist and the CHANEL COCO MADEMOISELLE Fresh Moisture Mist.
- CHANEL COCO MADEMOISELLE Velvet Body Oil Spray: Smells like fresh Orange, with a touch of May Rose and Patchouli
- CHANEL CHANCE EAU TENDRE Sheer Moisture Mist: Has a green and fruity Grapefruit-Quince with a mix of Jasmine and White Musk
- CHANEL COCO MADEMOISELLE Fresh Moisture Mist: Is a body mist that has moisturising components. It has the COCO MADEMOISELLE fragrance, with a touch of Orange, Rose and Patchouli.
Best Body Mists By Dior
Dior is another brand that has many great body mists or body sprays. In our example here, we have the J’adore Huile Divine Dry Oil, J’adore Body Milk and the Miss Dior Silky Body Mist, as we see below let’s talk a little about each one of them:
- Huile Divine Dry Oil: It is a Dry oil for the hair, body and nails. The smell is long lasting e everybody talks about how good it smells. It is a mature floral scent, but still light enough for every day usage.
- J’adore Body Milk: With a fragrance that is a lighter scented version of the J’adore perfume, it makes your skin feel smoother & silkier. I have even used the lotion without perfume and I was not let down.
- Miss Dior Silky Body Mist is a Light and non-oily, and according to the brand, it preserves the skin’s hydration for 6 hours. If you like florals you will love this. I think that the downside is that it’s not long lasting. But the smell is amazing.
Best Body Mists By AHAVA
- AHAVA Deadsea Plants Dry Oil Body Mist – Mandarin Cedarwood Scent: This is a fragrant dry oil spray-on mist that has a hydrating effect on skin. It is quickly absorbed and dried on the skin and can be used every day as part of your skincare routine
- Mandarin + Cedarwood Dry Oil Body Mist: This is a hydrating spray-on mist, that will nourish your skin with amazing oils, leaving it soft and perfumed
- Dry Oil Body Mist – Cactus + Pink Pepper: This luxurious spray-on dry oil is also extracted from a mix of Dead Sea plant oils, leaving your skin smooth and radiant!
KEEP ON READING: