Wondering, What is Olaplex Treatment Used For? Then you are in the right place!
I know everybody is talking about Olaplex, but in my opinion, their entire treatment system can be confusing.
For this reason, I have put together the Olaplex series to share with you everything I learned. Here are the articles of the series:
- What is Olaplex Treatment Used For? (You’re reading this)
- The Olaplex Products Explained
- How To Use Olaplex Treatment At Home?
- Olaplex Reviews: Is Olaplex Worth It?
- Olaplex shampoo and conditioner reviews: Are They Worth it?
In this article, let’s tackle the basics so you know what you are buying and make conscious buying decisions. Here You will:
- Have an overview of the Olaplex system
- Differentiate between the saloon and at-home treatment
- Find links for in-depth Olaplex reviews
Let’s dive in!
What Is Olaplex Treatment Used For?
Olaplex is an advanced hair care treatment that claims to have a patented technology that works on a molecular level.
According to the brand, it counts with Bis-Aminopropyl Diglycol Dimaleate, a single molecule that treats your hair from the inside out.
By using Olaplex, you can expect stronger, shinier, smoother hair for all hair types.
In a nutshell, here’s what’s Olaplex for:
- Close the hair scales and provide repair from the inside out
- Treat severely damaged hair
- Maintain healthy and natural hair even more beautiful
- Treat and prevent frizz, split ends, and hair breakage
- Maintain the hair healthier and bouncy, improving its texture
Who Can Use Olaplex?
Even though Olaplex is very trendy among those with chemically treated and damaged hair, everybody can use Olaplex, as it is suitable for all hair types.
How Does Olaplex Work?
Our hair is often exposed to one more event that causes hair damage, drying, or just leaves our hair feeling moody.
Many kinds of pollution, chemical treatments, and overheating, to name a few, may cause our hair bonds to flake off.
Olaplex will penetrate deep into your hair fibers to close the hair scales, providing restoration from the inside out.
The Olaplex Products (Home Care)
The Olaplex home care system is divided into three categories: Maintaining products, treatment products, and styling products.
To be potentialized, they should be used in between salon visits.
The treatment group includes the pre-shampoo (Olaplex Nº.0), the OLAPLEX Nº.3 Hair Perfector (restorative mask), and the OLAPLEX Nº.8 Bond Intense Moisture Mask (hydrating mask).
This group includes the OLAPLEX Nº.4 and OLAPLEX Nº.5 Bond Maintenance Shampoo and Conditioner.
Protection & Finish Products
The protection products include the OLAPLEX Nº.6 Bond Smoother Leave-In Styling, Nº.7 Bonding Oil, and the nº.9 bond protector nourishing hair serum.
We’ll talk about each one of them in more detail!
Olaplex Salon Treatment
The Olaplex Salon treatment can be performed only by professionals. They will analyze your hair and decide how they will combine Olaplex formulation with your chemical treatment.
If you have natural, virgin hair, or healthy hair, they will also do your treatment accordingly.
Olaplex 1 and 2
Some reviews say treatment 1 and 2 is equivalent to the at-home pre-shampoo (Olaplex number 0) and the OLAPLEX Nº.3 Hair Perfector (restorative mask).
The difference is that the at-home treatment has a pre-made balanced formula that allows us to use the product without worrying about dosages.
It is there, ready to use, and there is no margin for mistakes.
The saloon treatment, however, will need to be balanced and manipulated by a professional that will adjust the treatment accordingly to your needs.
Olaplex 4 in 1 Treatment
The OLAPLEX 4-IN-1 is a deeper Moisturizing hair Mask that promises extreme hydration for dry, damaged hair.
Olaplex professionals say that the in-salon treatments are deeper and more intense than the at-home treatment, and you should have both saloons and at-home treatments for better results.
All Olaplex products: What Are Each Product Used for?
Now that you understand what Olaplex treatment is used for the basics of the at-home and saloon treatments, Here is a list of each product so you will know exactly the benefits of each product.
I know it can be confusing, so to make things easier, I list all products starting from the number 0 to the number 9.
- Nº.0 intensive bond building treatment: Pre-Shampoo: primes, repairing, strengthening, (to be paired with Nº.3 Mask)
- Nº.1 & Nº. 2 and the 4-in-1 salon-only treatment
- Nº.3 Hair Perfector (restorative mask): repairs, protects, strengthens (to be used after Nº.0 and before shampoo and conditioner)
- Nº.4 bond maintenance shampoo: cleanse, nourish, hydrate
- Nº.5 bond maintenance conditioner: hydrate, nourish, soften
- Nº.6 bond smoother (leave in Styling treatment): smooths, conditions, strengthens, anti-frizz
- Nº.7 bonding oil: Shine, smooth, heat protector, anti-frizz
- Nº.8 bond intense moisture hydrating hair mask: smooths adds body & shine
- Nº.9 bond protector nourishing hair serum: a weightless, leave-in, silicone-free serum that protects your hair from pollution and heat styling. Good for Shine, smooth, heat protector, anti-frizz
If you want to learn more about each of them, check this Olaplex Product Explained Article, where I talk about each product, so if you decide to try these products, you know exactly what you are doing!
Read Moree: Olaplex Products Explained Super Easy Guide 101
Want to know if these products are really worth it? Visit the Olaplex Reviews page to check my full reviews!
Wondering how to use Olaplex and best practices? Check this article to learn How To Use Olaplex at system easy guide.
- The How To Use Olaplex Treatment At Home Cheat Sheet article is NOT a sponsored post; I purchased and tested all products myself.